Vietnamese Shaking Beef (Bò Lúc Lắc)
Add your photo of this recipe!
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Vietnamese Shaking Beef (Bò Lúc Lắc),
- 500g (1.1 lbs) beef (sirloin/ filet mignon/ rib eye), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (5% acid)
- lettuce or watercress
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
Preparation1. Marinate beef with garlic, 2 teaspoons sugar, salt, soy sauce, oyster sauce, black pepper, and vegetable oil for at least 30 minutes, but preferable 2-3 hours.
2. Mix red onion with 1 tablespoon sugar and vinegar and set aside.
3. Heat a large wok or pan over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and fry garlic until fragrant. Toss in beef and stir fry until desired doneness. It should take a few minutes. Don't overcook the beef.
4. Transfer beef to a plate of lettuce (or watercress) and tomato slices. Sprinkle with red onion and more black pepper. Serve with steamed rice, tomato rice or French fries. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.