Vietnamese Noodle Salad (Bún Bò Xào)
Add your photo of this recipe!
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Vietnamese Noodle Salad (Bún Bò Xào),
- 500g (1.1 lbs) beef (rump steak)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning powder (or sugar)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1kg (2.2 lbs) fresh or 500g (1.1lbs) dried rice vermicelli
- pickled daikon and carrots (do chua)
- fried shallot
- crushed peanuts
- fresh vegetables: coriander, mint, perilla leaves, lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumber etc.
Preparation1. Thinly slice the beef against the grain. Marinate with oyster sauce, garlic, lemongrass, salt, pepper, seasoning powder (or sugar), and vegetable oil. Mix well and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
2. In a heated wok, at 2 tablespoon vegetable oil and fry some garlic from the marinade till fragrant. Add the marinated beef and stir-fry on high heat until the color of the beef changes completely.
3. Cook the rice vermicelli according to package instructions.
4. Wash and drain vegetables well and chop into 1 inch strips.
5. Add some vegetables to the bowl and add noodles on top. Place beef on noodles. Top with pickled daikon and carrots (do chua), fried shallot, and crushed peanuts. Pour some light dipping fish sauce over the noodle. Stir well and serve. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.