Tuna, Mango, and Jalapeno Ceviche
My buddy caught some tuna the other day and I was dying for some ceviche. Perfect timing. This was amazing with fresh tuna but it will work with any fresh fish , shrimp, etc. It all came together and was amazing but the mango is what made this batch something special. Also, here’s a great primer on techniques, types of fish, marinating times, etc.: http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/07/the-food-lab-ceviche-and-the-science-of-marin.htmlTuna, Mango, and Jalapeno Ceviche,
- 1 lb raw tuna (fresh), cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 mango, chopped to small, bite-size pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno (cored and seeded if you want to reduce the heat)
Preparation1. Cut the fish into ~1/2" cubes. Place in bowl with garlic, salt, lemon, and lime juices. Marinate in refrigerator for ~30 min.
2. While fish is marinating, chop onion, cilantro, mango, tomato, and jalapeno.
3. Add chopped vegetables, mix, and serve with thick corn tortilla strips.