Thai Fried Rice (Khao Phat, ข้าวผัด)
This dish is popular with my children. You can substitute chicken for other meats, and the vegetables can be changed as well. Some fried rice recipes call for day-old rice, but this recipe doesn’t require it. I use rice straight from the rice cooker and it works very well.Thai Fried Rice (Khao Phat, ข้าวผัด),
- 1 cup sliced chicken
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/2 carrot, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Golden Mountain Seasoning Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Preparation1. Parboil chicken, onion, carrot, and tomato for approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Heat oil in wok on high heat. Break egg into pan, add garlic, and scramble egg for 15 seconds.
3. Add parboiled chicken, onions, carrots, tomato, shrimp paste, and sugar. Stir until chicken is cooked.
4. Add rice, fish sauce, seasoning sauce, and white pepper. Continue to cook 1 more minute or until cooked to desired doneness.