Tasty Tandoori Chicken (Tandoori Murghi)
Chicken legs and thighs, marinated in a yogurt based sauce with an assortment of spices, and then grilled in a tandoor or oven.Tasty Tandoori Chicken (Tandoori Murghi),
First Marinade, combine:
Second Marinade, combine:
- 1 pint yogurt
- 2 teaspoon ginger + garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Few drops of red food coloring
1. Combine lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, and chili powder. Make deep incisions in chicken legs. Rub this mixture into the chicken pieces and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Then, put chicken pieces into second marinade and coat chicken well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place chicken on aluminum foil (brushed with oil) into the oven. Grill for 15 minutes.
2. Remove, brush with butter. Grill for 15 minutes. Remove. Sprinkle with Chaat masala.
3. Serve with onions (cut in rings) and lemon wedges.