Taro Soup (Canh Khoai Môn)
Add your photo of this recipe!
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Taro Soup (Canh Khoai Môn),
- 400g (.88 lb) pork spare ribs, bite sized pieces
- 400g (.88 lb) taro, 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 stalks spring onion, white part minced and green part chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Knorr seasoning powder (hat nem tu thit)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 cups water
Preparation1. Soak ribs in water for 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
2. Marinate ribs with garlic, white part of spring onion, salt, black pepper, and seasoning powder for 15 minutes.
3. Stir fry ribs on high in 1 tablespoon cooking oil until surface of meat is no longer pink.
4. Add water and bring to a boil. Switch heat to medium-low and add taro, cooking until taro is soft, occasionally skimming off the scum. About 15-20 minutes. Serve and garnish with spring onion. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.