Super Chicken Chow Mein
This dish is a staple in Chinese restaurants. The key is to precook the chicken and vegetables in a separate pan, then toss them together with the noodles in a very hot and well-oiled wok.Super Chicken Chow Mein,
- 1 lb chicken, cut into thin strips, rinsed with salt and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lb of pre-packaged chow mien noodles (boil for 4-5 minutes to soften, then rinse and drain)
- 1/3 cup of oyster sauce and 1/3 cup of water, mixed
Preparation1. Combine sliced chicken with oyster sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, sugar and vegetable oil. Mix well.
2. Heat pan on high. Add about a teaspoon of vegetable oil, then stir in chopped garlic, chicken, carrots, and celery. Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and stir fry until meat is cooked, then remove.
3. In a clean pan, heat about a teaspoon of vegetable oil, then stir in a handful of soft chow mien noodles. Add desired amount of pre-cooked chicken and veggies, 1/3 cup of oyster and water sauce mix, and stir fry for approx 3-4 minutes.