Stuffed Cucumber Star Soup
This is a fun soup to serve at dinner parties. It’s a unique way to cook cucumbers and makes for a pretty meal.
Stuffed Cucumber Star Soup,
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1-2 tablespoons starch
- 1 pound minced pork
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 egg white
- Approx. 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 5 cups water
Preparation1. Cut cucumbers into 2-inch long pieces and scoop out the seeds. Using a knife, carve out "v" (zig zap) shapes on the top of each cucumber piece. Lightly dust inside each cucumber with starch.
2. Mix minced pork, garlic, salt, pepper and egg white. Stuff each cucumber piece with pork mixture. Garnish and top each cucumber with sprigs of cilantro and chopped green onions.
3. Steam the cucumber for approximately 10 minutes over high heat, or until pork is cooked.
3. In a separate pot, bring water to boil and add remaining pork and fish sauce.
4. Pour hot soup base in a bowl and add steamed cucumber.