Stir Fried Teriyaki Beef
This is a simple, weeknight type of dish. The beef comes out tender and flavorful. Feel free to vary the amount of sugar, soy sauce, and Mirin sauce to taste.Stir Fried Teriyaki Beef,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/8 cup Mirin sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, sliced
- 1 pound beef, cut to thin slices
Preparation1. Heat saucepan on medium heat. Add sugar, chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, and Mirin sauce to pan and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Mix in corn starch solution and stir for 8-10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Turn off heat to cool.
3. Melt butter in pan on high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and jalapenos, then stir-fry for 5 minutes. Mix beef in pan and add sauce. Continue to stir-fry until meat is just cooked through.