Hmong Steamed Pork Buns
Add your photo of this recipe!
1 hour 20 mins
This is a simple recipe that you can make at home.Hmong Steamed Pork Buns,
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons instant dry milk powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 slice tofu (optional)
- 1 chinese sausage, diced (optional)
- hard boiled eggs, diced (optional)
Preparation1. Combine the yeast with the warm water, set aside.
2. Combine flour, milk powder, sugar, and baking powder together in a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds.
3. Mix the oil with the yeast and water mixture.
4. Open the food processor and pour the liquid into the dry ingredients. Process for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the dough and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until double in size.
6. Mix together pork, cabbage, green onion, hoisin sauce, salt, egg, tofu (optional), sausage (optional), and hard boiled egg (optional) with your hands.
7. Divide the dough into 16 pieces (or make bigger buns - your choice, you just get less buns)
8. Roll out with rolling pin into 6 inch diameter
9. Add 1 tablespoon meat mixture to the center.
10. Fold sides of dough to center over filling, pinch and twist. (watch my video)
11. Place onto squares of parchment paper.
12. Steam for 12 - 15 minutes depending on the size of the bun.