Silkworm Cake (Bánh Tằm)
Add your photo of this recipe!
Cassava cake coated in coconut flakes. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Silkworm Cake (Bánh Tằm),
- 1/3 cup sugar (70-100g adjust to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 400g grated tapioca/cassava
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- food coloring or flavor extract (pandan/durian/ etc)
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
Preparation1. In a bowl dissolve sugar, tapioca starch, pinch of salt, and water. Add in grated cassava and vanilla sugar and mix well. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and add food coloring into each.
2. Steam coconut flakes for 5-10 minutes.
3. Coat baking pans with some cooking oil. Pour in the mixture into the pans and steam each batch for 10-15 minutes.
4. Let the cakes cool before cutting. Cut the cakes into strips and roll them in the grated coconut. The cakes can be stored in the fridge for a few days. Microwave for 15 seconds if served on the next day. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.