Shrimp, Corn and Bacon in Creamy White Wine Sauce
This isn’t really Asian, but I like it so I’m putting it up. =) The original is from Real Simple magazine - I adjusted a few things and made it a little more friendly for those of us who are lactose intolerant.Shrimp, Corn and Bacon in Creamy White Wine Sauce,
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (can substitute bouillon dissolved in water)
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 can (10 oz) corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation1. Cook bacon and set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pot or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften. Add wine and reduce by half. Add soy milk and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add shrimp, corn, salt, and pepper. Simmer until shrimp is cooked through, 2-5 minutes. Add cooked bacon. Possible add-ins: 2 cloves garlic, 1 diced jalapeno, diced chicken.