Red Bean Porridge With Beef (Cháo Đậu Đỏ)
Add your photo of this recipe!
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.
- 500g beef shank
- 1 cup red/black bean
- 2/3 cup rice
- 2.5 liters water
- ginger, julienned
- 2 red shallots, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- spring onion, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
Preparation1. Soak beans in warm water for at least 4 hours. Wash the rice.
2. Cut beef shank into bite sized pieces.
3. Cook beef, beans, and rice in 2.5 liters of water in a pressure cooker on high with the lid off until it boils.
4. Mix together shallots, salt, fish sauce, and pepper.
5. Skim off scum from cooker. Add in fish sauce mixture, ginger, and chicken stock powder. Seal pressure cooker and cook on medium-low for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of chopped spring onion and cilantro. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.