Pumpkin Vine Tips
When pumpkins are in season, I like to harvest the pumpkins to make soups, and I hand-pick the vines for stir-fry’s. The vine tips usually have edible pumpkin leaves attached, so don’t remove them. Make sure to peel the tips to remove the hard, outer layer. Vine tips are healthy and nutritious, and this dish is so easy and fresh!Pumpkin Vine Tips,
- Approx. 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil, enough to thinly coat pan
- 1-2 cloves garlic, thinly chopped
- 1-2 Thai chili peppers (optional)
- 1-2 handfuls (approx. 4-5 cups) of pumpkin vine tips, washed, outer layer peeled, and cut into 2-3 inches
- Dash of salt, to taste
Preparation1. Heat oil in pan. Add garlic and chili peppers. Stir in pumpkin vines and salt.
2. Cover pan until pumpkin vines are wilted and cooked. Add dried red peppers (optional).