No Hassle Fried Rice
This recipe is great for parties and requires only a handful of ingredients that are most likely already in your fridge/pantry. This is my go-to recipe when I don’t want to go to the market or cook for the next couple of days. I prefer the long beans over frozen peas and carrots because it gives the fried rice a crunchy texture.No Hassle Fried Rice,
- 4 cups of uncooked rice
- 1 package of Chinese sausage
- 1 package of long beans (or frozen peas and carrots)
- 6-8 eggs
- ½ tablespoon salt (to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon fish sauce (to taste)
- 3-4 tablespoon soy sauce (to taste)
Preparation1. Cook rice (preferably the day before).
2. Quarter the Chinese sausage lengthwise, then cut into ¼” pieces and set aside. Cut long beans in ¼” pieces and set aside. Then, beat eggs in a bowl, add pinch of salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
3. In a large pan or wok, stir fry Chinese sausage until brown and set aside. In the same pan or wok, stir fry chopped long beans until cooked all the way through. Place long beans in bowl and set aside (you can place in the same bowl as the sausage if you like).
4. In the same pan or wok, scramble eggs. Once cooked, add in sausage and long beans. Mix well. Once incorporated, add cooked rice. Add salt, fish sauce and soy sauce to the plain rice portion only. Top with your favorite hot sauce. Enjoy!