Long Green Bean Flower with Fish Cake
Add your photo of this recipe!
You can get more images and recipes at www.simplyviet.com.
- 0.5 lbs Shrimp
- 0.4 lbs Fish Cake
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 0.3 lbs Long Green Beans
- Thinly-sliced carrots (optional)
Preparation1. Peel shell, and remove vain from shrimp. Clean with water and salt. Use a paper towel to dry them. Finely chop half the peeled shrimp (about 1/4 lbs). For the other half, cut each shrimp half length-wise.
2. Place Fish Cake and Finely Chopped Shrimp in one bowl. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to the Fish Cake and Finely Chopped Shrimp. Mix everything together.
3. Wash the green beans. Cut off and dispose of the top and tail of the green beans. Boil the green beans in water with 1 teaspoon salt until al dente, or approximately 5 minutes.
4. Twist and fold the green beans into a flower shape, as shown in the video. The shape resembles a round, twisted rope. Stuff the flower-shaped green beans with the fish cake/shrimp mixture.
5. Heat a little oil in pan. Fry each side of the flower-shaped green bean over low heat until cooked.
6. For the unused halved shrimp, fry them in a little bit of sesame oil. Sprinkle some black pepper over shrimp while frying.
7. To serve, place each fried shrimp over the stuffed flower-shaped green bean. You can also place thinly-sliced carrots on the serving tray for some color. Enjoy!