Liang Fen (Klang Fen, Liangfen)
Add your photo of this recipe!
Mien liang fen. Rice flour jelly in a spicy tamarind based broth.
- 16 oz rice flour
- 15 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon limestone paste
- 1 cup fermented beans
- 1/2 cup red chili peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Tamarind soup powder
Preparation1. Pour 13 cups of water in pot and mix in flour. Bring to a boil.
2. In a bowl, mix well 1 teaspoon of limestone with 2 cups of hot water. Pour this mix into the pot of water. Do not add residue from bowl.
3. Continue stirring pot for approximately 15 minutes while flour thickens. Pour flour into a bowl and let it cool. Cut into small pieces.
4. In an aluminum foil, place 1 cup of fermented beans. Place over stove on low temp for 20 minutes.
5. In a second foil, place 1/2 cup of fresh chili peppers and 2 pieces of garlic. Place over stove on low temp for 20 minutes.
6. Add smoked peppers, garlic, and 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes in blender and blend well. Mix in 1 bunch of chopped cilantro and smoked fermented beans. Stir well.
7. To serve, add water in a bowl with flour pieces. Add tamarind powder, salt, and sauce to taste.