Laotian Stir Fried Noodles (Khua Mee, Khaw Mee)
1. You may add in slice thinly beef, chicken, pork, or shrimp if you desire.
2. Do not set heat too high when you are stir frying rice noodles. It’ll make your noodle stick together.
3. When all is done, leave to set cool so the noodle can be separated
- 8 oz dried rice noodle sticks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium sized cherry tomatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, chopped
Preparation1. Soak noodles in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain.
2. In a pan or wok, cook beaten eggs in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil into a large pancake shape on medium-high. Slice eggs into thin rectangles.
3. Heat up some cooking oil in wok or pan. Fry garlic and tomatoes until garlic is golden. Add in oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar. When sauce thickens a bit mix in noodles. Mix in dark soy sauce. Add in cooked eggs, green onion, and bean sprouts. Serve with a wedge of lime.