Kelly’s Bomb Egg Rolls (Laotian)
25 egg rolls
I make these egg rolls for my husband’s co-workers, and they love them! These are Laotian-style egg rolls made with fresh ingredients. I like to serve them warm and crispy. I hope you enjoy, and please let me know if you tried the recipe and whether you like it!
- 1 package of TYJ Spring Roll Pastry (makes 25 rolls)
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped Shiitake mushroom
- 2 cups finely sliced cabbage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix
For the filling:
Preparation1. In a bowl, combine the filling ingredients and mix well. Let it marinate for about 20 minutes.
2. Beat one egg in a small bowl and set aside for wrapping the egg rolls.
3. To wrap: take about one tablespoon of the filling mixture and place it approximately 2 inches from one end of the wrapper. Fold that end and roll half way. Then take the two side ends of the wrapper and fold towards the middle. Continue rolling, wet the end of the wrapper with the beaten egg, and roll until sealed. (For a video of this process, see this egg roll recipe at the 1:30 minute mark.) Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
4. Heat oil in pan or in a small deep fryer until hot. Add egg rolls and deep fry on low, controlled heat to avoid burning. Fry until golden brown, then remove to a plate lined with paper towel.