Homemade Indo Chicken Satay
I cannot imagine a summer BBQ without satay! If you want more intense flavors it is easy to add a bit more spice when you are making the sauce to marinate the chicken.
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into cubes
- kabob sticks
- 1 teaspoon of chopped lemongrass roots
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (Kecap brand)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons sambal
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Peanut sauce (recipe here)
Preparation1. In a food processor, puree lemongrass, onion, garlic, soy sauce, water, sambal, cumin, and coriander.
2. Skewer chicken cubes on kabob sticks. Marinate chicken kabobs with sauce for at least 2 hours.
3. Grill chicken kabobs on BBQ. Or in an oven, preheat broiler for 10 to 20 minutes. Broil chicken kabobs for 3 to 5 minutes on each side (with rack on second highest position and oven doors slightly ajar). Serve with peanut sauce.