Hmong Egg Rolls
Hmong eggrolls are fun to eat any time of year! Here is a very basic recipe. Experiment with other ingredients and add whatever you like to suit your taste!Hmong Egg Rolls,
- 1 lb or 2 lbs ground meat of your choice
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 package rice vermicelli cellophane noodles
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk for sealing the wrapper
- 50 sheets egg roll skins
Preparation1. Add hot water to rice vermicelli cellophane noodles and let soak 5-10 minutes until soft. Cut up the noodles with scissors.
2. Mix meat, cabbage, carrots, onion, oyster sauce, salt, noodles, eggs until well combined.
3. Peel the eggroll skins. Place eggroll skin on a flat surface. Add the eggroll mixture and roll up. Seal the ends with egg yolk. Fry in hot oil until golden brown.