Green Tea Cupcakes
Add your photo of this recipe!
Green tea and kinako make the perfect combination for Japanese-inspired cupcakes!Green Tea Cupcakes,
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, green tea powder, and salt.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Slowly mix in egg and egg yolk. Mix in vanilla extract.
3. Mix half the dry ingredients with butter mixture. Mix in milk and remaining dry ingredients. Fill lined cupcake pan with batter and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Frost cupcakes after they have cooled down and dust with extra kinako.
1. Cook milk, sugar, flour, and 1/2 tablespoon of kinako over medium heat until thick. Beat mixture until cooled.
2. Mix in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix in vanilla and 1/2 tablespoon of kinako.