Green onion pancake
Add your photo of this recipe!
This is a super easy recipe that works as an appetizer or side dish, or can be a full meal if you add an egg (my favorite!).Green onion pancake,
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6-8 green onion stalks, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
Preparation1. The dough can be prepared in a food processor or by hand. Measure the flour into a bowl. Add water, oil, and salt, then mix well (1 minute in a food processor or 2-4 minutes by hand). The dough should form a ball, but not be too sticky.
2. Cut the dough into 4 pieces. On a floured surface, press the dough into a flat circle, then roll to 1/4" thick.
3. Sprinkle green onion liberally on pancake.
4. Roll up the dough, then stand on its end and press down. Then, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness again. This process will distribute the green onion inside the pancake, rather than on the outer surface.
5. Heat a skillet over med-high heat and add oil. Cook pancake for 1-3 minutes per side. For a heartier meal, I also like to: cook the pancake, set it aside, drop an egg into the skillet, then set the pancake on top of the egg to cook. The egg cooks into the pancake a little bit and the combination is delicious!