General Tso’s Chicken
Add your photo of this recipe!
A sweet, deep-fried chicken dish that is popularly served in North American Chinese restaurants.
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (optional)
- 2 green onion, cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh ginger, julliened
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1-2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups of oil for deep frying
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
Preparation1. Mix together chicken stock, sugar, vinegar, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch and dark soy sauce (optional) in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
2. In a separate bowl mix together egg and chicken. Coat chicken pieces in flour.
3. Deep fry chicken in oil at 375°F-400°F until golden brown.
4. Add 2 table spoons of cooking oil to a woke and stir fry green onion and ginger for about 1 minute on high heat. Add in sauce mixture and stir until sauce starts to bubble. Add in chicken and mix to coat with sauce. When sauce is as thick as you like, turn off heat and add in sesame seeds (optional). Serve with cooked rice.