Gado Gado Salad with Peanut Sauce (Indonesian Lotek)
Gado Gado can be served as a starter, side dish or main meal. I love making this for a filling lunch. An added bonus is how simple it is to put together.Gado Gado Salad with Peanut Sauce (Indonesian Lotek),
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 bag of krupuk udang shrimp crackers
- 12 oz fresh tofu, cut into small cubes
- 3 potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Peanut sauce (recipe here)
Preparation1. Heat oil in frying pan or wok.Add shrimp crackers and fry until they bloom.Take them out immediately and set on paper towels.
2. Add cubes of tofu to wok and fry until golden brown.Take them out and set on paper towels.
3. In a pot of boiling water, blanch potatoes for approximately 3 minutes.Add green beans, cabbage, and bean sprouts for approximately 1 minute.
4. Drain vegetables in cold water. On a plate, serve the vegetables, tofu, shrimp crackers and boiled eggs with peanut sauce.