Fried Tofu in Tomato Sauce (Đậu Sốt Cà Chua)
Add your photo of this recipe!
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Fried Tofu in Tomato Sauce (Đậu Sốt Cà Chua),
- 1 400g (.88lb) block firm tofu
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- spring onion, chopped
- chili pepper, chopped
- pepper, chopped
Preparation1. Remove the tofu from the container and drain off the liquid. Wrap the block of tofu in a few layers of paper towel. Stack a plate on top to create pressure. Leave for 5 minutes. Remove tofu from paper towel and pat dry. Cut into rectangular pieces (2 x 1 x 1.5 inch).
2. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry the tofu on medium high heat until golden brown (about 10 minutes each side). Remove from oil and place on a strainer or paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
3. In a sauce pan or a wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil and fry garlic till slightly golden. Add in the chopped tomato and fry for a minute. Add sugar and fish sauce. Cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat until the tomatoes produce some liquid. Toss in fried tofu and stir well to coat the tofu with sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, until the sauce thickens or almost dries out.
4. Transfer into the serving plate. Sprinkle chopped onion, pepper or chili pepper on top. Serve with hot steamed rice. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.