Mouthwatering Egg Tarts (Dan Tat, 蛋挞)
Add your photo of this recipe!
DessertzHouse’s egg tarts are velvety smooth with a warm flaky crust. Her how-to video is super fun. Enjoy!Mouthwatering Egg Tarts (Dan Tat, 蛋挞),
- 140g (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon)* butter, softened
- 1/2 egg
- 70g (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon) powdered sugar
- 200g (1/2 cup + 5 teaspoon) all purpose flour
- 140g (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon) sugar
- 300ml (1 1/4 cup) water
- 4 eggs
- 80ml (5 1/2 tablespoon) evaporated milk
* Conversions are approximate.
Preparation1. Mix together pastry ingredients in a bowl. Dust work area with flour and knead until ingredients are mixed well. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes or until it is in a workable state.
2. Boil water and sugar together until sugar is completely dissolved. Take off heat and let cool.
3. Press dough into egg tart molds. Edges should be slightly higher than the tin.
4. Once sugar water is cooled, whisk in milk and eggs. Sift the mixture, then pour into tarts. Fill each tart about 80% full.
5. Bake at 200°C (approx. 400°F) on the middle rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center of the tart to check for doneness. When toothpick stands up on its own, they are ready. Let tarts cool before removing from molds.