Easy Thai Coconut Soup (Tom Kha Gai ,Tom Ka Gai)
Perfect soup to warm the soul especially when you’re feeling under the weather. The traditional Thai coconut soup (Tom Kha Gai) is creamy in texture with just the right balance of multiple flavors.Easy Thai Coconut Soup (Tom Kha Gai ,Tom Ka Gai),
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 cup sliced galanga
- 1/4 cup sliced lemongrass root
- 5 kaffir leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon shrimp chili paste
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1/2 can or 7 oz of coconut milk
- 5 shrimp
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 of a white onion, sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup straw mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. In a pot, add water, chili powder, galanga, lemongrass roots, kaffir leaves, lemon juice, fish sauce, shrimp chili paste, tamarind paste, and coconut milk.
2. Boil on high heat, then add shrimp, sliced tomato, sliced onions and mushrooms.
3. Serve in bowl and garnish with cilantro, green onions and dried chili powder.