Cyn’s Lo Mein
Add your photo of this recipe!
This lo mein is simple and delicious. The flavors all meld together but still all stay separate … um, I don’t know, it’s just good.
- 1 package rice stick noodles (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 trays shitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 lb BBQ pork, sliced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
Preparation1. Cook noodles as directed, then drain, rinse with cold water and "shake" dry as much as possible. Place the noodles in a large bowl, add oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix well. Place noodles in refrigerator.
2. Peel the carrots. Then, use the vegetable peeler to shred them into strips. Cut the cucumber in fourths and shred them the same way. Set vegetables aside.
3. Destem mushrooms and rinse clean. Chop in thirds. In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, and stir until evenly coated. Add Korean BBQ sauce and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Remove noodles from refrigerator. Add carrots, cucumbers, BBQ pork, cilantro, mushrooms (while still hot/warm) with some of the sauce and roasted sesame seeds. Mix well and serve.