Crispy Roast Pork Belly (Thịt Heo Quay)
Add your photo of this recipe!
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Crispy Roast Pork Belly (Thịt Heo Quay),
- 1kg (2.2 lbs) pork belly
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
PreparationMix 1: 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, five-spice powder, black pepper
Mix 2: 2 teaspoon salt, vinegar
1. On the meat side, make shallow cuts (about 1 cm deep and 2 cm thick) across the length of the meat. Rub mix 1 all over the meat of the pork. Also rub the sides but don't rub on the skin.
2. Place pork belly meat up side down, pat the skin very dry and spread a layer of mix 2 all over the skin. Spread mix 2 all over the skin. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C or about 400°F. Cook pork belly in the oven for 20 minutes with the skin facing down.
4. Turn over pork so the skin side faces up. Use kitchen towel to clean the skin, pat it really dry. Brush more mix 2 onto skin.
5. Cook for another 20 minutes, skin side up. Remove pork from oven. Pat the skin dry and spread mix 2 onto skin one more time.
6. Cook for another 20 minutes in the oven, skin side up. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.