Cod with Fresh Herbs (Laotian Fish)
I created this dish using herbs from my garden and other Laotian and Thai ingredients. The dish is aromatic and the flavor is subtle. I hope you enjoy it.Cod with Fresh Herbs (Laotian Fish),
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, slightly smashed
- 1/2 Alaskan cod, bass, or other white fish
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 piece of lemongrass
- 2 to 4 pieces of dill
- 2 stalks of green onion
- 1 stalk of cilantro (optional)
Preparation1. Prepare herbs. Cut red bell pepper into slices, pound lemongrass, and slice green onions in half lengthwise. Cut green onions into shorter pieces.
2. Over medium heat, add vegetable oil to pan. When pan is heated, add smashed garlic, then add fish. Turn fish over when edge of fish is slightly browned.
3. Add salt, black pepper, red bell pepper, lemongrass, dill, green onion, and cilantro.
4. Cook until fish is slightly browned, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.