Chinese Egg Rolls
This egg roll recipe is really easy. This recipe makes a lot of rolls. When we make these I invite people over for an egg rolling party and make enough for everyone to take some home and freeze them.Chinese Egg Rolls,
- 3 pounds ground pork
- 1 package of dried black fungus, soaked for 2 hours then chopped finely
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 packets of vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
Preparation1. Mix ground pork, chopped black fungus, carrot, shrimp, sugar, salt, cooked vermicelli, black pepper, and sesame oil in a large bowl.
2. Lay wrap on flat surface in diamond shape. Put 1 spoon of mix onto wrap on bottom corner. Roll to center, fold side corners in, then roll to upper corner. Use corn starch and water mixture to seal the wrap.
3. Heat pan with approximately 2 inches of oil on high temperature. Test the oil temperature by inserting the tip of a chopstick. If bubbles form around it, the oil is hot enough.
4. Turn heat to medium and add egg rolls in a single layer, constantly turning to ensure uniform cooking. Fry for 10 minutes or until egg rolls are golden. If the egg rolls float to the surface, they are probably done.
5. Remove egg rolls and place on paper towels to soak up excess grease. Serve with fish sauce.