Vietnamese Chicken Noodle (Phở Gà)
1 hour 15 mins
The broth of this pho is subtle, clear and light. I skim the broth periodically to make sure it’s clean. I hope you like my home-made pho!Vietnamese Chicken Noodle (Phở Gà),
- 8 quart water
- 3 pounds chicken bones
- 1 onion
- 1 ginger
- 3-4 pieces star anise
- 1 package of frozen meatballs
- 1 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2-3 stalks green onion
- 1 package of fresh pho noodles (or cook dry noodles per package instructions)
Preparation1. Fill pot with 8 quart of water. Add chicken bones and bring water to boil. Skim periodically and reduce heat to medium. Add 1 whole onion.
2. Peel ginger, and slice 1/4" thick. Skewer and hold over heat to toast and add to pot. Add in star anise. Let pot simmer for 1 hour.
3. Add meatballs, fish sauce, salt, and green onions. Cook for another 15 minutes.
4. In a bowl, add noodles and condiments of your liking, then add soup from pot and serve.