Caramelized Pork Spare Ribs (Sườn Ram Mặn)
Add your photo of this recipe!
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.
- 500g (1.1 lbs) pork spare ribs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Knorr seasoning powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Preparation1. Soak pork in lightly salted water for 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
2. Marinate pork with garlic, shallot, salt and seasoning powder for 15 minutes.
3. Over medium heat, caramelize sugar in oil. Take off heat and stir in pork. When well mixed, put back on heat and cook until pork is no longer pink on the outside. Add in 1/2 cup of water and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on medium-low for 25 minutes. Remove cover and cook for another 25 minutes. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.