Caramelized Pork and Eggs (Thịt Kho Tàu)
Add your photo of this recipe!
2 hours 10 mins
For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Caramelized Pork and Eggs (Thịt Kho Tàu),
- 1kg (2.2 lbs) pork belly or boneless pork leg, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Knorr seasoning powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 600ml coconut juice
- 600ml water
- 5 hard boiled eggs
Preparation1. Marinate pork in garlic, shallot, seasoning powder, salt, and black pepper for 30 minutes.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, caramelize sugar in cooking oil. Stir in pork and cooking 3 minutes until pork is no longer pink on the outside. Add coconut juice and water. Add in hard boiled eggs and bring to a boil. Add in fish sauce and season to taste with more fish sauce, seasoning powder, or sugar. Cook on medium-low for 2 hours occasionally skimming off the scum. Serve with a sprinkle of black pepper. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.