Beautiful Vietnamese Lotus Salad (Goi Ngo Sen)
This light, refreshing salad takes me back to warm summer days in Vietnam. The crisp textures of lotus root and carrots meld nicely with the softer textures of shrimp and pork. Feel free to omit meat for a vegetarian version.Beautiful Vietnamese Lotus Salad (Goi Ngo Sen),
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounce can lotus roots
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked pork shoulder
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup roasted crushed peanuts
- 1/8 cup chopped mint leaves
Preparation1. In a bowl, mix and stir in white vinegar, water, sugar, and salt.
2. Add thinly sliced lotus roots and carrots and drain liquid from bowl.
3. Add pork, shrimp, coriander, peanuts, mint leaves.