Baked Cassava Cake (Bánh Khoai Mì Nướng)
Add your photo of this recipe!
Vietnamese cake made from cassava. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.Baked Cassava Cake (Bánh Khoai Mì Nướng),
- 1 (400g) pack frozen grated cassava
- 165ml (2/3 cup) coconut milk
- 70-100g (1/3-1/2 cup) sugar, adjust to your taste
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 9g vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
Preparation1. Preheat oven 180°C/350°F.
2. Thaw and drain cassava to remove excess water (with help of a strainer or cheesecloth).
3. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
4. Grease baking pan. Pour in the mixture and flatten the surface.
5. Bake about 60 minutes or until golden. (When a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, it’s done).
6. Let the cake cool completely before cutting and serving. For more photos and recipes, please visit my blog at Danang Cuisine.