Amazing Korean Chicken Marinade
The recipe is for about 6-8 lbs of chicken. I brine my chicken overnight and let it dry as much as possible before I place it in the marinade. I make slits in the drumsticks for extra flavor and quicker cooking. I also tuck the little wing part in so the winglet (I think that’s what it’s called, the one with three sections) so it forms a triangle. It cooks evenly this way. This is my mom’s recipe and she uses lemongrass, I don’t like it so its not included in mine. Maybe you can put it as an optional ingredient.Amazing Korean Chicken Marinade,
- 1 bottle of Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 spoon of American BBQ sauce (I typically use Kraft-Original)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Garlic powder to taste, if I'm motivated I add whole cloves of garlic too
- Black pepper to taste
- Chili paste and/or dried pepper flakes to taste
Preparation1. Brine about 6-8 lbs of chicken overnight and let dry as much as possible. I make slits in the drumsticks for extra flavor and quicker cooking.
2. Combine all ingredients, mix well, and add chicken.
3. Grill or bake chicken, as desired.